I have finished my first week of student teaching. It was wonderful! I was just trying to feel my way around by observing the first day to see what her classroom management was like and how she instructed. I jumped in, helping the kids here and there some; however, I didn't really start interacting a lot with them until the second day. By the third day I was teaching. She was out sick, which she said is very unusual for her, and there was a substitute in. She left instructions with the sub to let me teach if I wanted to, and I wanted to. It was wonderful. The kids were good. I am having a great experience so far!!!
Bad news....Missed the meeting I was supposed to go for our student teaching class. I didn't actually realize it was a class and I hadn't checked my e-mail in a while, so I didn't even know about the meeting. Anyway, my supervisor got me caught up, and things are back on track now.
I'm looking forward to hearing how everyone else's student teaching experiences were this week.
C Ya,
Roxanne
Saturday, January 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I told you that Mrs. Bock was great. I am so glad that you are having a great time. May God be with you and Please tell Mrs. Williams (the classroom next to the art room) that I said hello. Thank you and Godd luck to you.
Melissa
I am so glad that you like your assignment and that you are able to do so much! What a wonderful experience you are going to have.
:) Stacy
Thanks to you both, Melissa and Stacy. It's been wonderful with Ms. Bock. She is so helpful and encouraging. I have also enjoyed teaching her students. They are a great group of kids. Everyone in the school is so friendly! It makes it so much easier when the teacher wants to help you. It takes a lot of the pressure off.
Hi everyone!
This week has gone great, too. I am teaching all subjects now, language arts, math, and content (science/social studies). Things are moving along great, and my teacher is so supportive. The principal came in and wanted to observe me Wednesday...No, I didn't ask him to do it yet! He just popped in. She sent him away and told him to come back in about a week or so. I was sooooo grateful for that one! I was teaching something called Step 2, which is part of their character education.
I am happy to hear that you have a wonderful teacher. I know that it means alot and that the school is also supportive. I know you will do well for I remember all of the wonderful questions you would post in class. Keep up the good work..
Beth
Post a Comment