Well, I'm in fourth grade now. I was so sad to leave my other placement. I loved the kids, loved my cooperating teacher and the other grade level teachers, and the school itself! It was wonderful. The grade level got together and had a little going away for me during lunch. I got a lot of nice presents! The kids gave me a little party and all wrote me letters and glued them into the cards they made. Then my cooperating teacher took all of their pictures and pasted them on the individual cards they made me. The kids knew chocolate was my favorite food, and they got me chocolate as a going away present. It was soooo nice.
I really wanted to get a job there, but the vice principal said that people stay there until they die! I told her that I didn't want anyone to die, but maybe someone would retire soon.
My new placement is very, very different. Fourth grade, math, science, and social studies. We have an inclusion class in the morning. 22 students that are either LD, ADHD, ED or don't have IEPs, but should have them (so I'm told). There is a special education teacher in the class in the morning, a teacher assistant, and my cooperating teacher (and of course me). In the afternoon, it's just a basic fourth-grade class, math, science, and social studies. It's a very interesting placement, and I'm looking forward to getting the experience with the older children, although I still think I'll prefer the younger ones.
More next week....
Friday, March 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hey, Roxanne, I hope that you have an experience at your 2nd placement that is just as positive as the first one you had. I know that you're going to do a great job in the 4th grade classroom! I pray that you have a great week...best of luck!
Tamra :)
Roxanne, I feel the same way as you regarding the age level. I was in a fourth grade classroom at my first placement, an now I'm in a kindergarten placement and I love it. I feel much more comfortable with the little ones. I guess I feel this way because my children are so young. Good luck!
Post a Comment